Thursday, October 21, 2010

Writing the Rose Book

Recently, I"ve been discussing the process of writing the Rose book. The blog is www.Tuesdayswithrose.com and I'm been working close to two years to turn the blog into a book. It is very hard.

Just a little background. I became Rose's transportation for treatment mainly because she was having to expend this enormous amount of effort arranging transportion. My thinking was that when you are as sick as Rose, you don't have the energy to do all of this. What the hell: I'll become her transportaion and every week, she'll know that I am going to be there for her. It worked and in that process of every Tuesday with Rose, I watched her die slowly. And, it took a much greater toll on me than I could possibly have known. During the process, I kept a blog and after Rose died, I thought, "someway I've got to honor Rose's bravery of fighting breast cancer.

Rose's doctor and I have been discussing where I am in the process and I emailed her the following comments. The second thing I wanted to comment on was the idea of writing about Rose, maybe what I hope to accomplish--might be better or do a greater good or see a wider audience--surely in a broader sense, more than one woman's struggle. I don't think so. Not for me. When you write, especially someone like myself, you never know how it's going to end up. I don't have a clue but I know it will and I'll use it to do what I promised Rose I would do, a fund raiser. I do wish you would help me though. You could write emails whenever it strikes you, when you have something you want to say about how you are doing your job, thoughts, etc, anything.

No comments: